- General Provisions
1.2. Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, i.e., the Data Subject. Processing is any operation related to personal data, such as collection, recording, organization, use, viewing, erasure, or destruction.
1.3. The Data Controller complies with the applicable data processing principles and ensures that personal data is processed in accordance with the applicable legislation.
- Collection, Processing, and Storage of Personal Data
2.1. The Data Controller obtains, processes, and stores personally identifiable information primarily through the website and email.
2.4. The Data Controller is not responsible for any losses incurred by the Data Subject or third parties due to falsely provided personal data.
- Processing of Customer Personal Data
3.1. The Data Controller may process the following personal data:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Contact information (email address and/or phone number)
- Transaction data (purchased items, delivery address, price, payment information, etc.)
- Any other information provided to us during the use of the website’s services and purchasing of goods or when contacting us.
3.2. In addition to the above, the Data Controller has the right to verify the accuracy of the submitted data using publicly available registers.
3.3. The legal basis for the processing of personal data is Article 6(1)(a), (b), (c), and (f) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- (a) The data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- (b) Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract;
- (c) Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- (f) Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
3.4. The Data Controller stores and processes the Data Subject’s personal data as long as at least one of the criteria listed below is met:
- The personal data are necessary for the purposes for which they were collected;
- As long as the Data Controller and/or the Data Subject can exercise their legitimate interests in accordance with external regulations, such as submitting objections or asserting or defending legal claims;
- As long as there is a legal obligation to retain the data, such as in accordance with the Accounting Law;
- As long as the Data Subject’s consent to the respective processing of personal data is in force, unless there is another lawful basis for the processing of personal data.
Once the conditions listed in this point cease to exist, the storage period for the Data Subject’s personal data ends, and all relevant personal data is irreversibly deleted from computer systems and electronic and/or paper documents containing the respective personal data or these documents are anonymized.
3.5. In order to fulfill its obligations to you, the Data Controller has the right to transfer your personal data to its partners, data processors who carry out the necessary data processing on our behalf, such as accountants, courier services, etc. A data processor is a data controller. Payment processing is provided by the payment platform makecommerce.lv, so our company provides the necessary personal data for payment execution to the owner of the platform, Maksekeskus AS. Upon request, we may disclose your personal data to state and law enforcement agencies to protect our legal interests by initiating, filing, and defending legal claims.
3.6. When processing and storing personal data, the Data Controller implements organizational and technical measures to ensure the protection of personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, disclosure, and any other unlawful processing.
- Rights of the Data Subject
4.1. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and the laws of the Republic of Latvia, you have the right to:
- Access your personal data, receive information about its processing, request a copy of your personal data in electronic format, and the right to request the transfer of this data to another controller (data portability);
- Request the correction of inaccurate, incorrect, or incomplete personal data;
- Request the erasure of your personal data (“right to be forgotten”), except in cases where the law requires data retention;
- Withdraw your previously given consent for the processing of personal data;
- Restrict the processing of your data – the right to request that we temporarily completely stop processing all your personal data;
- Lodge a complaint with the Data State Inspectorate. You can exercise your rights by filling out a form in person at Viestura iela 6, Jūrmala, LV-2010, or by submitting a request electronically by writing to email@example.com.
- Final Provisions